Welcome to Stepinac HS Football. This past year was a special one in the football program at school. For the first time in school's history we won 10 games & won a AA championship. With this the bar has been raised by last years team for all players to follow. Championships & winning seasons don't just happen by accident, They happen because of alot of hard work from all the players & coaches . A few things you can do to make your transition into HS football easier.
1. Register on web site as a Freshman football player & give us all contact information & your parents information. Do not register more than once.
2. Come to the Stepinac Football Camp in July. It is a great way to meet other kids & start learning about HS football the right way.
3. Freshman football will start on Aug 20th at 9am. You will practice every day Mon thru Sat until school starts. Vacations during that time will effect if you make team. All players must have a certain number of practice by state law. Freshman will be given off Sat thru Monday on holiday weekend. Varsity & JV will practice on those days.
4. Start working out over summer. You start doing a light weight workout. Varsity & JV are doing a 4 day routine. Monday & Wed upper body , Tuesday & Thursday lower body. Working on conditioning & speed is also helpful. Remember you are competing against kids from all over for spots on roster. Come in the best shape you can.
5. make sure you have a physical on file with nurse. All players must have a sports physical on file with nurse. The sports physical form is in your medical packet that school has given you. Please make sure doctor fills out that form when getting physical. All athletes must have physical on file to try out. Physical is good for only one year.